Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Super Hero Tutu Dresses

Halloween is fast approaching, and I have been so excited to have two girls this year so we could do coordinating costumes!  
I enjoy making costumes (ok I enjoy all crafting), so I took to Pinterest to get some ideas.  

I've had my eye on super hero tutu dresses for the last two years, and this year I decided to make it happen.

If you know me very well, you know how much I love The Hair Bow Company.  They've been posting all kinds of cute tutu dress costumes lately, and they stock all the necessary supplies like crochet tops, tulle, and ribbon!  They even have a
Tutu Making Kit that's only $4.99.  


I was planning to just wing it, but I'm so glad I had the kit!  It came with detailed instructions and a few handy items like a crochet hook and measuring tape that made things easier.  Having everything I needed right from the get-go definitely saved me time.


I was really surprised how easy the costumes were to make, and I know they are going to be a hit on Halloween.

So without further ado, here is a sneak peek at Emery and Hazel's costumes for this year!




Obviously I chose Batman and Robin, but you could easily make these for any super hero.  And check out The Hair Bow Company's blog for tons of other tutu dress costume ideas.  If you have a princess-obsessed daughter, you'll love some of the costumes they've created. 

Also, as I side note, the reason I didn't go for the tutu dresses in the past is that I didn't like the see-through nature of the crochet tops.  BUT, you can get lined ones from The Hair Bow Company, so that sealed the deal for me!

You'll have to wait for Halloween to see my cuties all dressed up!

*Disclosure:  The Hair Bow Company sent me the Tutu Making Kit and all the materials to make these tutu dresses, but I was planning to purchase it all from them anyway!  The ideas and opinions are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment