About Me

My photo
Stay at home mommy of two beautiful girls. Wife to a handsome, hard working husband.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Baby Food: Peaches, Plums, Apples, and Butternut Squash

Yes - that's a lot in one post.  I'm grouping them together because:

1.  I'm WAY behind.
2.  I prepared all of them the same way.

I've also been horrible about taking pictures for the baby food blogs, so here is a very random smattering.

Squash ready to go in the oven:


Peaches in the oven:


A plum:


I didn't get any pictures of the apples, so you'll have to take my word for it.

I preheated the oven to 400 degrees, put the fruit (or squash) in a baking dish (cut side down) filled with about an inch of water, and baked until the skin buckled/cracked/pulled away from the flesh.  

I peeled the skin off the squash and peaches, but pureed the plums and apples skin and all, and they turned out great.

Here is Emery's verdict on the peaches.


Shhh...don't tell, but I may or may not have been sneaking cubes of the frozen fruit.  They are so tasty to snack on!

No comments:

Post a Comment