About Me

My photo
Stay at home mommy of two beautiful girls. Wife to a handsome, hard working husband.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

First 3 Weeks

Emery is 3 weeks old today!  The time has flown by and seemed like eternity at the same time. 

Week 1:

The first week flew by and remains somewhat of a blur!  Since E was born so early in the morning, we had plenty of time for visitors that first day.  Grandma and Grandpa K spent the night at the hospital, so they met E first, went home to get some rest, then came back later with Solomon and Delilah.  Grandma and Grandpa D drove in from SM just in time for E to come back from observation.  They stayed until that afternoon and then drove home so Grandma could work the next day.  Later that evening we got a visit from two of my coworkers - Lori and Dana.  All in all, the first day was exhausting but fun.

The next day was Valentine's Day (one of my favorite holidays) and was much more relaxed and quiet.  Joe and Ana came to visit, but other than that, it was just our new little family!

By Tuesday, I was itching to leave the hospital.  I was discharged much earlier than I had expected, but it took another couple of hours to get the baby's paperwork.  We finally left, and it was really nice to get home.

E had her first pediatrician appointment on Thursday.  Everything looked good, but she was down to 7 lbs. 5 oz., so we had to fatten her up!

Grandma D came to visit for the weekend and cooked us lots of good food (some of which we still have frozen)!

We spent most of that first week trying to figure out how to get E to sleep (the carseat worked wonders), how much to feed her, and how to change a diaper without getting poop everywhere.  

Week 2:

Things calmed down during the second week as we started to get the hang of things.  Abraham went back to work half way through the week, and while I was dreading that, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  

Emery had her second pediatrician appointment that Friday and she was up to 8 lbs. 3 oz. and 20.5", so we were given the ok to let her sleep as long as she wanted at night.  The pediatrician also said I could take her to stores and restaurants as long as I kept her covered which made me very happy!

Week 3:

The third week was more getting used to baby.  It was also a big week for excursions.  E made trips to Target, HEB, a chinese buffet, and Bank of America.  It was a little stressful at times, but overall it was nice to get out of the house.

Emery also lost her umbilical cord stump this week and got her first real bath.  Daddy has taken charge of bath time because he is better at it than me!

I've tried to introduce some new toys to E, but so far she isn't very interested.

I know she's only 3 weeks old, but I can already see such a difference in her size and appearance.  I'm trying to document all of this as much as I can because I know she won't slow down anytime soon!

1 comment:

  1. OMG. Our little girls are growing fast. The first weeks were hard. I stayed up most of the time with my girl. I wish Joseph would take her a real bath. He gave her a bath once, he just rinsed her with water and he was done. After that, I never asked him to bathe her again. I am the one in charge on bathing her, and mostly everything else. LOL.