About Me

My photo
Stay at home mommy of two beautiful girls. Wife to a handsome, hard working husband.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Baby Food: Green Beans and Pears


Ok so I cheated with green beans.  I wasn't up to making them, so I decided to go with jarred on this one.  E loved them which I'm trying not to take personally.



Ok - I know it doesn't look like she loves them, but I promise she did.  She is always wary of new flavors, but after she got used to them, she couldn't get enough.



I somehow completely forgot to take pictures when I cooked the pears, but I'll still tell you what I did.  

I cut the pear into 4 pieces, cut out the core, and steamed it for about 15 minutes (not sure it even needed that long).  I thought the skin would be easy to peel off once it was cooked, but I was wrong, so next time I will peel it first.  

I pureed the chunks (no water needed) and froze the puree in ice cube trays.

I LOVED the pears.  They were seriously delicious.  Unfortunately, E did not agree.


This was Day 1 when she was skeptical but tolerant.  By Day 3, she wouldn't even open her mouth for the spoon. 

Oh well  - I bought another pear and will try again!


No comments:

Post a Comment