About Me

My photo
Stay at home mommy of two beautiful girls. Wife to a handsome, hard working husband.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

26 Weeks


How has it been half a year already?  Before having E, people always told us time goes by much faster once you have kids.  We just nodded and smiled, but we've commented to each other about a million times lately that it is so true.

Here are some of the things Emery did this week:

*Tried to escape



She can't crawl yet, but she's definitely mobile and never stays where I put her!

*Rode in the grocery cart sans cart cover


I do most of my grocery shopping at HEB and was less than pleased to discover that our cart cover doesn't fit on their carts.

*Went to visit Miss Lori at her new apartment


*Practiced her reading skills


*Slept peacefully with her new seahorse


E's friend Hayden has one of these, and I've been eyeing it since he was born!  I finally got one for E, and I love it (and I think she does too).  It plays soothing lullabies and ocean sounds, and naps have been less of a fight since I bought it.

*Went for lots of walks


I've been trying to get out every morning to walk before it gets too hot.  It's still pretty warm and very humid, but it will have to do until the weather cools down.

*Made a mess in her room


Okay maybe it was me that made the mess.  I did a little closet reorganization in her room, so it had to get worse before it got better.

 *Did her exercises


*Practice looking pitiful


I think she's doing a pretty good job.  

*Visited with Cousin G


It's been almost 2 months since we've seen her, and she's gotten so big!

Last but not least....drumroll please...Emery turned 6 months old!!!


We have her doctor's appointment on Tuesday, so I will do her official 6 months post then with more cute pictures and height/weight measurements.

Have a great week, and good luck to all my teacher friends who are going back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment