About Me

My photo
Stay at home mommy of two beautiful girls. Wife to a handsome, hard working husband.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

First Sick Visit

Well the K family spent all morning at the pediatrician's office and Walgreens.  E isn't technically sick, but this is the first time we've had to go for anything other than a well child check up.

So...remember last week when I mentioned how bad the mosquitoes were in Houston?  Well, they are called flood water mosquitoes, and I hate them.  It seems that E takes after me in the mosquito magnet department, and we have both been eaten alive this week.  I haven't even been taking her out.  They are attacking us in our own home!

At first, it didn't seem like E had much of a reaction to the bites, but after a few days, that changed.  They bites got big and bright red and didn't seem to respond to any sort of treatment.  I spoke with a nurse yesterday, and she said to bring her in if they weren't better by this morning.  When we got up, they were actually worse, so we headed to the doctor.

This picture was taken Wednesday morning.  Do you see the little red dot on her cheek?


This is the same bite this morning.  Pretty big difference, but that's not even close to being her biggest bite.


This one on her thigh was the most concerning to me (and the doctor) because of size and coloring.


The doctor went ahead and put E on antibiotics just in case because she is concerned about infection.  Other than that, we will just continue to treat the bites with hydro-cortisone cream and Benadryl. 

I have to say that E did GREAT at the doctor considering she had to give up her morning nap to be there!




Hope you are having a great weekend so far!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet baby. I hope she gets well soon! I LOVE ALL HER HAIR. So beautiful

    ReplyDelete