About Me

My photo
Stay at home mommy of two beautiful girls. Wife to a handsome, hard working husband.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

12 Months


Emery turned a year old yesterday!!! 

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that because I can still remember every little detail of my pregnancy, delivery, and the aftermath.


We went to her well-child visit today, so here are her stats.

Height: 30.75 inches
Weight:  22 pounds 6 ounces


With this birthday comes the transition from bottles to cups and from formula to whole cow's milk.  This is probably stressing me out more than it's bothering Emery, but I'll be glad when we've jumped this hurdle.

Also, I guess she got the memo about picky toddlers because she flat out refuses to eat things she used to love!

I forgot to mention it in the 52 week post, but Emery has been battling her first cold for the last week.  Boo!


Emery is a character.  She gets more and more personality each day, and she cracks me up.  She also cracks herself up, which in turn cracks me up.

She is always on the move, crawling, pulling up, and cruising.  She loves to walk while holding our hands, but she doesn't like for us to let go just yet!


She loves books.  Sometimes I think she must be up to no good because she gets too quiet, but when I check on her, she's flipping through a book.  I love it!


And she LOVES her Daddy!  Every evening, she perks up as soon as she hears the garage door open.  She crawls to the door, squeals, and bounces up and down until he picks her up.   I think the feeling is mutual!


I have decided we will make Emery's birthday a week long affair, so each day she will get special treats.

She started Day 1 of Birthday Week with a delicious breakfast: Peanut Butter and Banana Malt-O-Meal and yogurt with blueberries.


She also got her first cup of whole milk!


After breakfast, she got a new birthday book.



 And for lunch, we met up with Daddy!


After dinner, she got a new toy! 



Not a bad birthday, huh?

I love you, sweet girl, and I hope you are having a wonderful birthday week!
  



No comments:

Post a Comment