About Me

My photo
Stay at home mommy of two beautiful girls. Wife to a handsome, hard working husband.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Positive

Where were you 1 year ago?  What were you doing?

I was here...

 (Golden Gate Bridge)

...in San Francisco, CA seeing sights like this...

(Alcatraz)

...and doing things like this...

(Riding on the outside of a cable car)

...with this guy...


In the week leading up to this trip (the last week of school), I had been feeling a little off.  Sometimes my I would let my mind entertain the thought that I might be pregnant, but I would quickly dismiss these thoughts as I didn't want to get my hopes up.  I decided to pack a pregnancy test just in case.

On the morning of June 7, 2010, I woke up early and decided to use the test.  After a couple of minutes, this is what I saw...


Yep - that's a plus sign.  I was in shock.  I knew what that meant, but I still couldn't process it.  I kept wondering if the test was wrong!  I know some people find cute/creative ways to share the news with their husbands, but I just ran out of the bathroom babbling incoherently.  Abraham was still kind of asleep, so it took a minute for him to understand what was going on!

A couple of days later, we picked up a digital test just to be sure.  The results of that test were pretty conclusive...


We spent the rest of the week seeing some of the most spectacular sights I've ever seen as we drove down the coastline of California in a silver Mustang convertible.


(Muir Woods)

 (Muir Woods)

 (Leaving San Francisco and heading south)

(View from Pacific Coast Highway)

(Bixby Bridge near Big Sur - look close and you'll see Abraham)

 (Hearst Castle)

 (Hollywood Hills)

(Hollywood Boulevard)

And of course no trip to California would be complete without a trip to Disneyland!


We ended the week in San Diego.  The zoo was fantastic, but boy was I was worn out!


Abraham and I feel blessed to have been able to take that trip.  It was by far the best one Abraham and I have taken together and gave us memories we will cherish for a lifetime.  And it wasn't a bad place to find out we were expecting this little cutie!


3 comments:

  1. I'm following you! Also, these pictures are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you thanks to Jenny C at Gotta Run! I love the pictures! That sounds like quite a trip. It's the best feeling to find out you are pregnant. Your daughter is adorable!

    Amanda
    http://talesfromamother.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! We found out on May 24th. Best day ever! I loved Hearst castle

    ReplyDelete