About Me

My photo
Stay at home mommy of two beautiful girls. Wife to a handsome, hard working husband.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baby Food: Banana

A few days ago, E started on bananas!


Since bananas are similar to avocado in texture and the fact that they turn brown quickly, I used a similar method for freezing.  I cut each banana into 4 pieces, dipped them in a very diluted lemon juice bath, and froze them.


Once frozen, the chunks were transferred to a freezer bag.


Rice cereal and banana for breakfast


E wasn't wowed by bananas, but she didn't make any horrible faces this time!


We also tried the frozen chunks in these Munchkin Fresh Food Feeders.  


She LOVED that, but so far she won't hold it herself, so I probably won't use them a lot until she takes over!  They are also very messy!

Overall, I'm very happy with freezing in chunks.  It gives me some options for how I serve the bananas.

Up next - Sweet Potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment