About Me

My photo
Stay at home mommy of two beautiful girls. Wife to a handsome, hard working husband.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Baby Food: Sweet Potato


I totally forgot to snap a picture of my sweet potato before I cooked it, so I found this one on the Internet!

I enjoyed preparing the sweet potatoes because this was the first thing I actually had to cook.  I chose to bake it which was super easy (400 degrees - 45 min to an hour depending on size).  Before baking, I washed it, poked holes with a fork, washed it again, and wrapped it in foil.


I didn't have time to puree it right after baking, so I threw it in the fridge.  The next day, I cut it in half and took off all the skin (which came off easily).


I tore it into chunks and pureed them with about 2 oz. of formula (I added a little at a time until it was the right consistency).


I froze the puree in ice cube trays and transferred the frozen cubes to a labeled freezer bag.

 

Oatmeal and Sweet Potato Dinner!



E was skeptical of sweet potato just as she has been of any new food.


But she ate it all (as usual) and seemed to be pleased.






No comments:

Post a Comment